Barter by Flutterwave: is a Fintech app that allows users to send and receive money at inexpensive exchange rates from different nations. Barter is simple to use and functions similarly to a digital wallet.
This tutorial will teach you how to utilize Barter, as well as how to send and receive money from Africa.
What is Barter by Flutterwave?
Flutterwave designed and powers Barter, a Fintech solution.
At the time of writing, more than 500,000 people are using Barter to send money to others, both in Africa and elsewhere.
You can use Barter to send and receive payments from other African users, pay your utility bills, and generate a virtual visa card that you can use to make online purchases.
On Barter, you may also ask for money from other users.
They will receive a message. They will be asked to approve or reject your money request once they click on the message.
If the user accepts the money request, they will ask him or her to provide their transaction pin.
Is it Safe to Use Barter by Flutterwave?
Yes. Flutterwave’s Barter is extremely safe to use for a variety of reasons.
Foremost, Flutterwave is a licensed international mobile money provider by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
Second, almost half a million people use the Barter digital wallet.
So far, no one has complained that the management has cheated them.
Barter by Flutterwave Review – Overview
Founder: GB Agboola
Product: Barter by Flutter wave
Launch Date: 2016
Barter by Flutter wave is a lifestyle payments solution used by over 500,000 people can send money to and from Africa for free, receive money from abroad, create virtual cards for online shopping, pay bills and make instant payments online.
Barter allows you to instantly send and receive money from anywhere in the world at the best rates.
Barter is the App of choice for users sending money to friends and family in Africa, and other parts of the world.
Sending & Receiving money from local and international locations as well as payment of bills online can be quite a lot of stress, most especially when you don’t know the right payment system to make use of.
How Does Barter Work?
They store all the money you receive in your Barter balance.
From there you can transfer money to any bank account or mobile money account in your registered country. (It only takes a couple of seconds.)
To send money to someone in another country, you can do an instant Barter-to-Barter transfer to them.
They will receive the transfer equivalent in their relevant currency in their Barter balance, which they can withdraw locally.
Funds from your barter balance are also used to create/fund your virtual dollar card.
According to company reports, since the inception of barter in 2016, Barter by Flutter wave has processed over 100 million transactions worth over $2.6 billion.
Barter Review – Features and Benefits
- Send and Receive money at an instant with low interest rate
- Access to creation of dollar virtual card for online transactions
- Allows payment of bills and recharge of airtime
- Easy navigation both in web and mobile application
- Management your finances
- Send a Redeemable gift card to family and friends anywhere in the world right from your barter dashboard
- Access to download of your account statement.
According to research, it is one of the most reliable and trusted payment partners of a lot of Nigerian and African businesses.
This online payment gateway has processed over 100 million transactions that amount to more than $2 billion.
Barter by Flutterwave: Supported Countries
- The Ivory Coast
- The United States
- South Africa
- The United Kingdom
Barter by Flutterwave Mobile app Download
On the internet, you can use Barter digital services. The mobile app is also available for download and installation.
You may get the Barter by Flutterwave app from the Google Play Store if you have an Android device.
Barter is also available on the Apple App Store for iPhone users.
Creating an Account Barter by Flutterwave.
Opening a flutter wave account is very simple, and you should be on your way to owning your own account in a few minutes.
Before you get started, however, you need to have the following documents ready for your KYC identification. These documents are.
- National ID card (or any valid means of identification)
- Your date of birth
- Bank verification Number
Once you have all these in hand, you are set to begin your account creation process. First thing you need to do is to go to the Sign-Up page of Flutter wave. https://dashboard.flutterwave.com/signup
On the page, you’ll see a signup form for you to fill out. This form will include:
- Full Name
- Your trading Name
- Email Address
- How you heard of flutter wave
- Referral code (if any)
- Your password
You need to check the box that says allow flutter wave to send promotional materials to your email, that’s if you want this.
You also need to check the box that states that you’ve gone through the terms and conditions. However, before doing this, it is advised that you go through all the terms and conditions written on the site.
Once you’re through with this stage of the sign-up process, click the button that says Get started.
After clicking the Get Started button, an email will be sent to your email account to confirm your sign up.
Go to your Inbox and confirm your email address. Once you confirm your email address, you will be directed to a page where you need to pick the type of account you want to create.
You can pick either personal, business, merchant, Ngo, etc. Once this is done, you will be directed to your dashboard, here you will complete the last steps of your account creation process.
Next, you need to complete your account verification before you can be able to make use of your flutter wave account. These three steps are:
1. You need to add a bank account
2. Upload Merchant information (your business information)
3. Upload documentation/means of identification
Once this is done, you can now have full access to the flutter wave platform, make transactions, create cards, fund your wallets, etc.
How to Deposit Money Into Your Barter Wallet
You must first deposit funds into your Barter by Flutterwave wallet before you can begin making transactions. You can do so with ease using your debit or credit card.
- Locate the “fund wallet” button on your dashboard.
- You can enter your account number or a debit/credit card number.
- All you have to do now is enter the digits embossed on your debit card. All other information will be created automatically.
- Fill in the amount of money you’d like to put in your wallet.
- To continue, enter your debit/credit card PIN.
- A One Time Password (OTP) may be sent to your phone number, depending on your country and bank. Complete the transaction by entering the code.
How to send money on Barter by Flutterwave
- From your dashboard, click on “Send Money”
- If you’re sending money to another country, press the “Send Money Abroad” button
- Input the amount you want to transfer
- From a list, select the currency of the recipient. It will also show the exchange rate, service charges and speed of the transaction
- Input the account details of the recipient (can be a bank account or mobile money)
- Provide your Barter pin to authorize the transaction
How to withdraw money from Barter into your bank account?
If you have money in your Barter account and wish to transfer it to a local bank account, it’s a simple process.
It’s the same as sending money to other banks, but this time it’s to your own account.
- Locate and tap the “Send Money” option on your Barter dashboard.
- Enter the amount you’d like to transfer to your bank account.
- Choose your bank account’s currency.
- Fill in your bank account information.
- Check and double-check everything before moving further.
- Enter the PIN for your Barter transaction.
We believe this article was informative. Kindly share with friends and loved ones. Thank you!