Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship: If you are from Africa and you are a student, then this good news is for you.
Every year, the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship gives talented students across Africa the opportunity to pursue their academic dreams.
Interestingly these crops of students are drawn from the indigent in the society. However, they must be highly gifted. And they must be desirous to see through their goals and aspirations achieved.
What You Should Know About the Mastercard Foundation
The Mastercard Foundation believes that education can serve as a tool for socio-economic change.
Also, it is a tool for transforming Africa’s teeming youths into leaders. Not just any kind of leader. But, it’s about those that bring about positive transformation in the continent.
With this vision in mind, the program is providing financial, social and academic support to these scholars. The financial package includes tuition fees, accommodation, books and other resource materials.
However, it is not restricted to the aforementioned, as other perks may accrue to the intending scholars. The scope and field of studies eligible for this program vary from Institution to Institution.
Becoming a Mastercard Foundation Scholar
This is a program that upholds the very best in its scholars. And this is high academic standards, leadership qualities, and the drive to make our communities better.
Therefore, to become a scholar, note:
- You must be academically sound.
- Also, you must display high leadership qualities.
- Also, you must demonstrate the zeal to impact the lives of everyone around you.
The entire process en route to becoming a scholar is handled by the Foundation’s partner Institutions and Non-governmental organizations.
However, follow through with all your inquiries and application details through the Institution of your choice.
Partners of the Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship
The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with the University of Cape Town (UCT). And this is to oversee the implementation of financial, academic, social and post-graduation support.
Furthermore, the vision of the Program is to transition promising young people from beneficiaries to benefactors, preparing them with the necessary values, knowledge, skills, and leadership. The idea is to fuel economic and social progress across Africa.
Also, the Program targets academically qualified undergraduate and postgraduate candidates. However, they must be economically disadvantaged young people with leadership potential from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Full List of Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship
The Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship programme has partner Universities and Institutions. The programme is categorized into Secondary Education, Undergraduate Studies and Master’s Studies.
1. Secondary Education
This made the list of The Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship. The Campaign for Female Education (CAMFED) is an international non-profit organization. And it is working to tackle the scourge of poverty.
Also, it wants to address the huge disparity in girl-child education in Africa.
Equity Group Foundation
Equity Group Foundation seeks to champion the social and economic transformation of the African youth.
Also, this made the list of The Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship
2. Undergraduate Studies
African Leadership Academy
This is an Institution that seeks to transform the present crop of youths into leaders that will impact the continent in all ramifications.
3. Masters Studies Universities
- African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS).
- The American University of Beirut.
- Arizona State University.
- The Carnegie Mellon University of Africa.
- McGill University.
- Sciences Po.
- The University of British Columbia.
- The University of Cape Town.
- The University of Edinburgh.
- The University of Gondar.
- The University of Pretoria.
Universities that Partner with the Mastercard Foundation Programme
The following are some of the universities that partner with the Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship:
The American University of Beirut
This made the list of The Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship. Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program partners with this Institution’s Faculty of Health Sciences.
The aim is to transform young people into change agents in their various communities and countries.
Ashesi University College
With this program, the Mastercard Foundation programme seeks to lift young Africans from disadvantaged communities into leaders with the right mindsets.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
This made the list of The Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship. It seeks to advance technology in Africa.
The University of Abomey-Calavi
This made the list of The Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship. It is the oldest and largest public University in Benin. Lso, it has turned out elite scholars of Beninese origin.
The University of Cape Town
This made the list of The Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship. It uses the Mastercard Scholarship program to churn out leaders who provide innovations in all spheres.
University of Edinburgh
Its vision is to ensure knowledge is created, disseminated and properly administered. Also, it is one of the Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarships.
Other Mastercard Foundation Programme Partners
- The University of Gondar.
- The University of Pretoria.
- Wellesley College.
Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Below are some of the basic requirements for the Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship:
- Individuals applying for the undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree must be 29 years old. Or, must be under at the period of their application.
- Also, individuals applying for the graduate (Master’s) degree must be 35 years old. Or, must be under at the period of their application.
- Again, each institution has its own eligibility criteria. As such, you are advised to look up the institution at which you wish to apply and check out their criteria.
- While there is no limit to the number of institutions one can apply to, note this. The application process itself can be tasking.
- However, it is important you take the recommended tests a few months before starting your application process. These tests can be SAT, TOEFL, or IELTS according to the institution’s requirements.
- Also, some institutions may request a reference letter. A community leader, teacher, or Religious leader you know can help in this regard.
Benefits of the Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship
The scholarship programme provides an avenue for the financially disadvantaged, but highly intelligent students to pursue their academic goals.
Also, highly sought after skillsets can be acquired in this programme. And this is in areas such as:
- IT and Communications.
- Critical thinking.
With this programme, beneficiaries are able to give back to society. And this is through works of charity, community services and volunteer jobs.
The programme affords graduates and undergraduates alike to interact, network, and consult on various forums, seminars and workshops. And the aim is to help each other realize their individual aspirations.
Also, the programme offers the beneficiaries ample opportunity to interact with mentors, life coaches and leadership experts. Scholars achieve a smooth transition from secondary to tertiary institutions.
The scholarships will cover the following:
- Reimbursement of costs incurred for visa application processing.
- Full tuition fees and international student fees.
- Also, there is accommodation for the student.
- Medical cover with a recommended medical aid service provider.
- A living stipend; is to be used to cover ad hoc expenses pertaining to your studies
- Also, there is a book allowance to purchase the prescribed textbooks required for your degree programme.
- Additionally, there is access to an internship opportunity.
The Commitment of Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship
The MasterCard Foundation has committed $500 million to education. And this aims at covering 15,000 African Scholars at secondary, undergraduate and Master’s levels. But they must be committed to giving back to their communities.
Also, they must be willing to contribute to the social development and economic growth in their countries of origin. Scholarships are available to study in the USA, Canada, Germany and other countries.
Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Applicants must have received a firm offer to study.
- Also, applicants must come from an economically disadvantaged background.
- Additionally, applicants must demonstrate leadership potential and must have acted in a leadership capacity.
- Applicants must meet the set academic criteria.
Documents Required for Application
- Identity document.
- Passport or refugee papers.
- Proof of address.
- Current and previous post-secondary transcripts as well as proof for complete/current degree.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Declaration and signatures and affidavit declaration.
Mastercard Foundation 2022 Scholarship Application Deadline
April 30, 2022
How to Apply
In order to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, candidates are encouraged to make contact with the relevant department that the academic application will be submitted.
For more details, visit the MasterCard Foundation website
Feel free to drop your comments and questions regarding the above information. We will be most grateful and are ready to respond back. Also, feel free to share with others.