Quotes on September: You will agree with us that every new month feels like a bit of renewal. However, there’s something special about September. I don’t know about you, but we can’t seem to get enough of September quotes.
September is a wonderful month. The weather is not as hot as it is in summer. And the air is just getting a little brisk.
As expected, the school should be back in session. People are gearing up for the colder weather. Summer is left behind as the anticipation of autumn is near.
In the quotes on September below, you will learn what the month of September means to others.
Quotes on September
- But now in September the garden has cooled, and with it my possessiveness. The sun warms my back instead of beating on my head … The harvest has dwindled, and I have grown apart from the intense midsummer relationship that brought it on. – Robert Finch
- Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soil. – Peggy Toney Horton
- All at once, summer collapsed into fall. -Oscar Wilde
- And then the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and Autumn was awakened. – Raquel Franco
- For it’s a long, long while from May to December / But the days grow short when you reach September. — Maxwell Anderson
Sweet Quotes on September
- September is the month of wonderful weather – Unknown
- I love September, especially when we’re in it.” — Willie Stargell
- By all these lovely tokens, September days are here. With summer’s best of weather and autumn’s best of cheer. – Helen Hunt Jackson
- Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple. – JK Rowling / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- September tries its best to have us forget summer. – Bernard Williams
- September is the month of maturity; the heaped basket and the garnered sheaf. It is the month of climax and completion. September! I never tire of turning it over and over in my mind. It has warmth, depth and colour. It glows like old amber. – Patience Strong (1951). “The Glory of the Garden
Beautiful Quotes on September
- “Happily we bask in this warm September sun, which illuminates all creatures…” — Henry David Thoreau
- “I used to love September, but now it just rhymes with remember.” ― Dominic Riccitello
- “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Let’s strive to be better in September!” ― Charmaine J. Forde
- “Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.” – Unknown
- “In many ways, September feels like the busiest time of the year: The kids go back to school, work piles up after the summer’s dog days, and Thanksgiving is suddenly upon us.” – Brene Brown
- “Making your Christmas cake in September is perfect, as too fresh a cake crumbles when cut.” – Mary Berry
Quotes on September about summer and fall
- “We know that in September, we will wander through the warm winds of summer’s wreckage. We will welcome summer’s ghost.” – Henry Rollins
- “Autumn is the antidote to stifling summer.” – Terri Guillemets
- “But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed.” – Stephen King
- “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “September was a thirty-day long goodbye to summer, to the season that left everybody both happy and weary of the warm, humid weather and the exhausting but thrilling adventures.” – Lea Malot
Heart-Touching Quotes on September about summer and fall
- “Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul… but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October.” ― Peggy Toney Horton
- “September tries its best to have us forget summer.” – Bernard Williams
- “Fall has always been my favourite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
- “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.” – Andrea Gibson.
- “Autumn is springtime in reverse.” – Terri Guillemets
Mind-Blowing Quotes on September about summer and fall
- “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
- “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus.
- “By all these lovely tokens, September days are here. With summer’s best of weather and autumn’s best of cheer.” – Helen Hunt Jackson
- “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” – Sarah Addison Allen
- “Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him.” – Hal Borland
Quotes on September from Celebrities
- “My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Every week, as an 11-year-old kid, I would tune in to what was really the first American Idol-type program, a radio show called ‘Major Bowes’ Amateur Hour.’ The winning group on the evening of September 8, 1935, was called the Hoboken Four, and their spokesman was Frank Sinatra, then aged 19.” – Tony Bennett
- “For my very first September issue, I put Naomi Campbell on the cover. She was wearing this orange Anne Klein sequin suit – it would probably look incredibly ’80s today.” – Anna Wintour
- “I think the defining moment in my career is the day that I moved to Nashville – September 1, 2001. That’s the biggest step to getting here is making that move. Anything that happens, the wonderful opportunities that happen to you, can’t happen until you make that move.” – Luke Bryan
Keep the above quotes and sayings in mind as you take time to plan, appreciate and enjoy every day of the month.
The above quotes are sure to get you ready to welcome the happy days back into your life.
September is a transitional month many look forward to throughout the year. Make it a September to Remember.