Special Education Jobs: A Special Education Teacher educates children who face physical, mental, emotional, and learning disabilities. These teachers work in various settings, such as schools and child care centres.
Special Education Teachers create lesson plans based on the needs of their pupils for learning.
They look for exercises and materials that can be quickly customized to meet the educational needs of each child.
To assist kids in growing and interacting with others, they also work with parents, psychologists, occupational therapists, and school counsellors.
5 Special Education Jobs in Nigeria
There are so many special education Jobs in Nigeria for you with qualifications and requirement details for application.
1. Education Manager
- Location: Mindscapes Children’s Museum Lekki Peninsula, Lagos, Nigeria
- Job details
- Salary: $15.16 an hour
- Job Type: Part-time
To perform a variety of clerical tasks following standardized procedures for the high school Special Education department in support of their positions, and to contribute to the efficient operation of the work unit.
1. High School education or equivalent
2. Moderate proficiency in typing with good accuracy
3. Computer proficiency to include use of basic software applications (Word, Excel, etc)
4. Ability to operate standard office equipment
5. Ability to organize, prioritize, and work with frequent interruptions and minimum supervision
1. Perform a variety of clerical tasks (e.g. typing, filing, copying, scheduling, Special Education recordkeeping, etc) following standardized procedures in support of assigned personnel
2. Prepare and process a variety of documents and materials, following established guidelines, to disseminate information to appropriate parties
3. Maintain a variety of files and/or records, following established guidelines, to ensure the accurate retrieval of Special Education data for reporting purposes
4. Organize testing materials; create and modify schedules pertinent to the site’s Special Education program; organize and prepare materials in support of Special Education tutoring and/or summer school program
5. Regular and on-time attendance required
6. Perform other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the position.
2. Experience in educational leadership
3. Experience working with children ages 0–11 in child care, classroom, or informal education settings.
4. Experience working with at-risk and special needs audiences.
5. Experience providing adult education programming for parents, childcare providers and teachers.
Weekend and evening work required.
(Management has the exclusive right to alter the job description at any time)
How to Apply
To apply: Send your CV to: [email protected].
2. Education Technology Innovation Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
The IRC is seeking to hire a full-time Education Technology Innovation Specialist (Edtech) in Nigeria to launch projects across our portfolio of the education Global Research & Innovation Priority (GRIP).
Our multi-disciplinary teams build, facilitate and contribute to projects that span research and ideation through to prototyping, piloting, evaluation and scaling.
Their solutions are co-created in partnership with colleagues and partners from the regions where we work.
You must be comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative and flexible working environment to help to manage the diverse, multi-disciplinary work. Experience working in cross-functional teams is essential.
We are looking for a self-motivated, highly organised individual with an eye for detail to support the process of developing exciting new educational programming in Nigeria, scope existing solutions globally and locally, and manage existing GRIP initiatives in the country.
1. Preferably a master’s Degree in Education Technology, Bachelor’s Degree in Education, International Development, or a related field.
2. Four-Five years of experience delivering projects and programs ideally in NGO or social enterprise settings.
3. Experience in working with cross-functional digital teams.
4. Experience in delivering innovation projects (ideally education technology and innovation ones) end-to-end, on time, on budget and to a high quality.
5. Experience in financial management at project and program levels.
3. Data Matching Specialist, Nigeria (Remote)
Andela is seeking to expand the Matching Specialist team within the Data Specialization` that plays a critical role in the process of connecting our customers with the very best Data-specialized engineers in Andela’s talent network for their needs.
The team lies in the Talent Business Unit of Andela that is in charge of facilitating the entire journey of talents from top-of-the-funnel, sourcing, and assessment, to matching them with clients and jobs, as well as community activities, and ensuring phenomenal talent experience in each step of the process.
In this role, you will sit at the nexus of the Talent Unit and be the key link between the talents from the network and customers.
The Matching Specialist team is specifically in charge of matching clients/jobs and talents from the network through a number of activities including:
1. Client-facing activities such as gathering, documenting, and communicating client requirements based on their business, technical, cultural, and resourcing needs.
2. Talent-facing activities such as searching, identifying, vetting, and placing the best qualified Andela engineer(s) to meet those needs.
3. A set of other activities that support the whole Matching process.
- Museum Education Jobs
- Work From Home Jobs Miami
- Work From Home Jobs Los Angeles
- Best Online Jobs for High School Students
1. Four-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business, Operations, Engineering, or Computer Science.
2. Five+ years of experience in Data roles (Data Engineer, Data Science, Data Architect, AI/ML…).
3. Understanding the entire SDLC/ADLC in different areas of Technology.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present sophisticated information clearly and keep track of multiple work streams at once
5. Experience interacting directly with customers and have a customer-oriented approach.
4. Executive Protection at Sunborah Security in Nigeria
Sunborah is seeking Executive Protection Agents to join our Special Operations Division.
This group is comprised of specially trained agents who are experienced in all aspects of dignitary protection, bodyguard, personal protection, security, defensive driving, risk assessment and kidnap prevention.
1. Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma Specialized experience can be substituted for education requirements
2. Must possess a valid driver’s license & obtain a Nigerian Passport within 30 days of hire.
3. Must be able to successfully pass a strict and thorough background check If you think you are qualified.
Please send in your application to [email protected].
5. Program Officer Cuso International in Nigeria
The post holder will support leading and developing Cuso International’s gender equality and social inclusion work in, Nigeria.
This will include identifying and developing strategic partnerships with government, corporate sector, civil society and donors, developing volunteer placements, supporting volunteers, building networks and leveraging the share programs to identify funding opportunities.
The post holder will also work with the Country Representative and other Country Program Office (CPO) and HQ-based staff to actively promote the work of Cuso international in Nigeria to a variety of audiences.
1. Diploma/Degree in a relevant field of development, social sciences or another related professional field, or an acceptable combination of education, training and /or experience related to job requirements.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in an international NGO at the program level
3. Experience working in a diverse, multicultural team including collaboration with international staff
4. Experience with budget planning, monitoring and reporting and working within financial policy frameworks
5. Experience with project management, including planning, monitoring of activities and reporting.
6. Proficiency with Office Suite (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
FAQs on Special Education Jobs
Below are some frequently asked questions for you:
- Where is the Highest demand for Special Education Teachers?
The highest demand for special education teachers spans 48 of the 50 states, with New Hampshire and New Mexico reporting adequate coverage. In past years, Kentucky, New York, and California have been reported as needing the most special education teachers.”Special Education Jobs”
2. Where can Special Education Work?
A small number of special education teachers work with students in residential facilities, hospitals, and student homes. They may travel to these locations. Some teachers work with infants and toddlers at the child’s home. They teach the child’s parents ways to help the child develop skills.”Special Education Jobs”
3. What is the Highest Salary for a Special Education Teacher?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), special education teachers earned an average, annual salary of $61,030, as of May 2019. The top 10%—likely those with extensive experience and/or a graduate degree—earned an average of $98,530 that year.
4. Where are the Highest Paid Special Education Teachers?
California and New York offer high salaries (over $78,000) for special education teachers, but the cost of living significantly exceeds the national average in both places. “Special Education Jobs”
5. What Qualifications do you Need to Work with Special Needs?
You must be a qualified teacher to work as a SENCO. To achieve qualified teacher status (QTS) in England and Wales you’ll need an undergraduate degree in any subject and a postgraduate teaching qualification (a PGCE).”Special Education Jobs”
We believe this article on special education jobs was helpful if yes, please don’t hesitate to share it with family and friends via all social media platforms.