Jackie Robinson Scholarship: The Jackie Robinson Foundation offers a multifaceted experience that not only addresses the financial needs of students who want to attend college but also guides them through the college application process. Keep reading to see the Jackie Robinson Scholarship requirements and offers.
Jackie Robinson Scholarship Description
The Jackie Robinson Foundation (JRF) Scholarship program addresses college students’ financial requirements while also providing intensive, hands-on mentorship and support services.
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholars are chosen through a national, rigorous application process and earn a significant four-year stipend to attend the undergraduate institution of their choosing and enroll in JRF’s famous “42 Strategies for Success Curriculum.”
This four-year program helps JRF Scholars navigate their collegiate settings, explore career alternatives, develop leadership abilities, and embrace a service commitment.
The program also encourages Scholars to positively touch the lives of others by promoting the principles and character attributes exhibited in the heroic life of the Foundation’s namesake.
They award the JRF scholarship to excellent minority high school graduates who plan to attend an authorized four-year college or institution and pursue a bachelor’s degree.
Jackie Robinson Scholarship Features
Jackie Robinson Scholarship program features:
- 42 Strategies for success curriculum
- Community Service Requirement
- Extra Innings Fellowships
- Hands-on Mentoring Services
- Internship/ jobs placement
- Online and Regional Programming
- Rachel Robinson International Fellowship
- Jackie Robinson Foundation
- US Citizen
Jackie Robinson Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a graduating, minority high school senior
2. Be a US citizen
3. Show a track record of academic performance
4. Present evidence of a financial need
5. Demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to community involvement
6. Submit an authentic SAT and/or ACT test exam score from your junior or senior year*
7. Plan to attend a recognized and approved 4-year institution in the United States or be associated with a college or university in the United States
8. Not possess a degree from, or be enrolled in, a 2 or 4–year college when applying
Jackie Robinson Scholarship Required Components
The Jackie Robinson Scholarship required components are:
1. An online application with four essay questions
2. A professional, high-resolution digital photo (headshots only, in JPEG format) – you may send a high school senior graduation photo if you are a senior.
3. One recommendation letter (letters of recommendation can be from a teacher, a mentor, a guidance counselor, or an employer)
4. SAT/ACT scores: If you took the SAT/ACT more than once, please provide your best results from each exam.
It should be noted that the scholarship committee will not evaluate writing scores as part of their screening process.
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship worth
The Jackie Robinson Foundation offers up to $30,000 in college scholarships over four years! This implies that a single grant may possibly cover half of your college tuition! Typically, 60 scholarships are given out.
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship Application Dateline
The application must be completed by January 12, 2022.
To apply for the Jackie Robinson Scholarship, CLICK HERE
We believe this article has been useful to you. Drop a comment below if you have any questions regarding Jackie Robinson Scholarship. Also, share this article with friends and family.