Without a JAMB profile code, you can’t register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or direct entry. This means before you start your registration for 2022 Direct Entry and UTME you need to have obtained the JAMB profile code and your NIN. Read for more details.
Because the National Identification Number (NIN) is a way to track the identities of the candidates so there’ll be few or no instances of registrations that are duplicated because the system can automatically recognize the identities of candidates.
What is JAMB Profile Code?
JAMB profile code is a unique number that will be given to you once you have started your registration for UTME/DE.
In case you’re filling out the JAMB Direct Entry or UTME application for the very first time you need to follow the steps listed below to obtain a JAMB profile code.
The JAMB profile code will be used to get your JAMB PIN, which is used to sign you up with the CBT center or JAMB office.
About JAMB Profile Code 2022
To make your Profile to be eligible for your 2022 JAMB registration, you’ll require the National Identification Number (NIN).
So if you’re still not registered or received your 11-digit NIN, you need to complete that process before you are able to register to take the 2022 JAMB the UTME/DE.
How to Get NIN for JAMB Registration
To apply for the National Identity Number (NIN), follow this process;
- Prepare the following details. The Bank Verification Number (BVN) along with some other information will be covered in this article.
- Visit the nearest NIMC Registration center. NIMC has multiple locations for NIN registration like offices, banks, etc.
- You’ll be in line at the center, and you’ll be asked to wait in line. After that, a particular amount will be allocated to you based on the number of people you have met in the center.
- After you have been received at the center, you will be required to fill out a form. The following details will be given to you: Your full name as well as your BVN the day of birth, gender and your next of kin’s telephone number, address of the house as well as other details.
- Your biometrics will be recorded. In addition, your passport picture will be taken.
- After you’ve done all of that after which you’ll be instructed to sign your name to confirm that it’s your signature.
- After that, you’ll be provided with a date when you can return to collect the NIN slip. This slip will have your passport photo as well as your complete name as well as your National Identification Number (NIN).
- If it’s your day take a moment to take your slip, and you’re ready to go.
How To Generate JAMB Profile Code 2022
There are two methods to create the Profile Code – The USSD Method and the SMS Method.
I will explain how to utilize two ways to get this UTME 2022 Profiling Code. You are able to choose which one you’re at ease with.
This is the entire process described.
How To Obtain JAMB Profile Code Through USSD
To receive your Profile code, you can use Method USSD Method, simply dial *55019*1*NIN#.
An SMS with the complete name you used for your NIN registration and also your unique profile number will be sent automatically to your contact number.
How to Receive JAMB profile code using SMS
This is the most popular method utilized by the majority of JAMB candidates.
To generate your Profile number by this method, text your Number of the NIN or 55019 and 66019 by SMS.
Let’s say that your NIN is 123456789124. Then you’ll transmit NIN 123456789124 to 55019.
Frequently Asked Questions on JAMB Profile Code
In addition, you won’t get your username in the event that you’ve utilized that number for prior JAMB registrations.
If you’ve used the number previously then you can simply dial another number to create your profile number.
There’s a lapse in the name that was sent to me. What do I do?
The name that will be delivered to you by the number 55019 will be the name you use to register your NIN.
If you find any errors in the name, JAMB has no business with it. It is your responsibility to notify anyone NIMC registry center to lodge an appeal against the name.
I received an error message “invalid character found What’s what is the fix?
This occurs when you add special characters such as “, & (etc in the message that you send at the number 55019 or 66019.
You must send the National Identity Number (NIN) to 55019 or 66019.
Incorporating any other character makes the submission invalid.
I have received this message: Record that could not be found in the error NIN message, what can do I do?
If this occurs you are most likely that you’ve entered the incorrect number for the National Identity Number to the correct number.
Therefore, you must make sure you check the message again and then resend your number at 51919 instead of 61919. If you are still receiving this message, you should go to the closest NIMC center to lodge an inquiry.
You will not be required to pay any money to make this correction.
I received an error message that said my NIN card is not valid What do I do?
This could happen if the document used to complete the NIN registration isn’t clear enough.
To fix this issue, go to the closest NIMC center and make the necessary corrections. There is no requirement to pay any fee for this service.
Note that obtaining your profile number does not mean that you have completed your JAMB UTM/DE registration. It’s just one step in the right direction.
You must go to any of the JAMB Accredited Centers to begin and finish your registration by using your profile number and ePIN.
If you’re experiencing issues with your code send them to the comments below. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, acquaintances, and other candidates.