Nigerian Universities that Accept Second Choice: Check out the list of Nigerian institutions that permit second-choice applicants to apply for their entrance screening is shown below.
About Nigerian Universities that Accept Second Choice
We considered it prudent to provide you with a thorough list of all institutions (federal + states + private). That we accept second/second choice candidates for admission as the jamb registration and post-utme screening activity get underway.
We encourage you to use this list. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter, and don’t let them buy a post-UTME screening form from a school that won’t admit them.
Reason Some Universities Don’t Accept Second Choice in Nigeria
It is crucial to remember that many federal and state. Also, private colleges in Nigeria admit applicants who are considered second choices for admission. However, you should also keep in mind that there are currently relatively few universities that do this.
Therefore, we should note that all of Nigeria’s major federally controlled colleges do not allow admission based on a second preference.
More Reasons Some universities don’t Accept Second Choice
Be aware that not all state colleges will admit students based on their second choices. I would advise you to seek advice from current students at any state university about which you are unsure.
Last but not least, as long as you can afford the tuition, practically all private colleges in Nigeria accept second-choice admission. In addition, keep in mind that in order to receive it. Therefore, you must also satisfy the admissions standards of the institution.
- Push for mobile phone ban at NSW high schools
- How to activate Polaris USSD Code 2022
- Free JAMB CBT Software for 2022 UTME
More Reason Second Choice Can’t be Accepted in Most Universities
Candidates should still apply even if they received the highest score in the UTME and post UTME. Reasons include: Therefore, they assume that you have already made your initial pick of a better university over them.
It is you’re in for them or you’re out; you can’t be on the fence about it. No university or polytechnic will ever want to be a choice. However, except for a select few who will consider the fact that, because of their small population.
Therefore, they have no more room to admit second-choice candidates because, after admitting both UTME, jupeb, IJMB, DE, and other students, they typically have no more room to admit second-choice students.
Difference Between Choosing a School as the Second Choice and Being Offered Admission as a Second Choice
Here is the difference.
Choosing an Institution as the Second or Third Choice
1. The second choice can be almost any university, polytechnic, college of education, or creative enterprise institution. The JAMB system permits that.
2. The second-choice institution did not include some of the top federal colleges. As a result, schools like Obafemi Awolowo University. Also, the University of Benin, the University of Ibadan, the University of Lagos, etc., cannot be your second choice.
3. However, there are still several northern and southern federal universities in the second-choice category. As a result, you can choose them as a backup.
4. The second choice can be any state university (as well as polytechnics and colleges, whether they are federal, state, or private).
Choosing an Institution as the Second or Third Choice
1. The ability to select a school as your second or third preference during UTME/DE registration or while requesting a change of institution does not guarantee that they will admit you as a second or third choice candidate.
2. As a result, no school will admit you if you are their second choice.
The Universities That Can be Selected as Second Choice
Jamb recently overturned its decision that forbade candidates from selecting any university as a second choice.
Therefore, their justification for the ban was that second-choice candidates would be left out in the cold.
Also, when it came time for admission because most universities are only interested in the money. However, they will raise through the sale of post-Utme screening forms.
But after careful consideration and conversation. However, it forced them to permit some chosen instructions to be chosen as a backup.
List of Federal Universities for Second Choice
- Federal University, Oye Ekiti
- Federal University, Lokoja
- Federal University Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University Dutsema, Kastina State
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University Wukari, Taraba State
- University of Maiduguri, Borno State
List of State Universities That Accept Second Choice
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom
- Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi
- Cross River University of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers
Private Universities That accepts Second Choice
Not all private institutions will accept you with a grin and admit you. Therefore, if you are picked as a backup or second choice.
Nevertheless, the majority of private institutions don’t discriminate because they provide all applicants with an equal chance to succeed. Regardless of their preferences.
just take your time, feel your 2022/2023 jamb forms, and look over this list below.
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State, Abia
- American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa
- Modibo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak Akwa-Ibom
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
- Paul University, Awka Anambra
- Tansian University, Oba, anambra State, Anambra
- The University of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
- Western Delta University, Ogbara, Delta State, Delta
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State, Delta
Nigerian Universities that do not Accept Second Choice in JAMB
Therefore, they showed the list of Federal government universities that will reject your application below. Therefore, the universities I’ve named here have established themselves.
Under no circumstances must you purchase their forms. However, if you did not select them as your preferred institution while registering for the Jamb exam.
Therefore, any candidate that purchased their post-Utme screening. Also, form or selected them as their second choice is solely responsible for their actions.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- The University of Calabar
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- University of Jos, Jos
- The University of Lagos, Lagos.
All first-generation federal universities on the aforementioned list will not admit you. Therefore, if you are chosen as a second choice because thousands of applicants have already made them their top choice.
Most freshly founded institutions won’t treat you unfairly. Also, if you select them as your second choice. Therefore, they still have limited capacity for applicants to be accepted.
Please don’t be hesitant about using the comment box below to contact us if you have questions. Feel that the list we’ve provided is inaccurate. Therefore, think that we’ve left off a university, you know.
Therefore, it would be prudent to carefully review the list above before settling on any institution as your second choice. I hope that was helpful?