Are you searching for some special education quotes to inspire you? If yes, then these Special Education quotes will inspire you.
Before we get you inspired in a special way, what do know about special education? Continue reading to learn about it.
What is Special Education?
Special education is the practice of educating students to provide accommodations that address individual differences, disabilities, and special needs. It is also known as:
- Special needs education.
- Adjunct education.
- Exceptional education.
- Special education, SEN, or SPED).
Below you will find a collection of motivating, knowledgeable, special education quotes and special education proverbs.
5 Best Special Education Quotes
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “In special education, there’s too much emphasis placed on the deficit and not enough on the strength.” ~ Temple Grandin
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “No Child Left Behind” requires states and school districts to ensure that all students are learning and are reaching their highest potential. Special education students should not be left out of these accountability mechanisms.” ~ Dianne Feinstein, Special education quotes for students
- “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” ~ Xunzi
5 Motivational Special Education Quotes
- “If kids come to us from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job easier. If they do not come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families, it makes our job more important.” ~ Barbara Coloroso
- “Undoubtedly, there are kids with intellectual deficiencies or neurological problems. But a lot of kids shunted into special education classes are deficient only in a willingness to conform to the school pattern. They are just honest, brave kids who say, “I just won’t take that, and I don’t believe in what you’re doing.” If you give them an alternative to the usual classroom, they break free of a lot of inhibitions and bad associations, and they begin to learn.” ~ Seymour Papert
- “A good special education teacher is hard to find and even harder to hang on to.” ~ Lourdes Garcia-Navarro, Special education quotes for teachers
- “It’s not a competition, it’s a doorway.” ~ Mary Oliver
- “Much education today is monumentally ineffective. All too often we are giving young people cut flowers when we should be teaching them to grow their own plants.” ~ John W. Gardner
Top 8 Knowledgeable Special Education Quotes
- “The best way to improve the American workforce in the 21st century is to invest in early childhood education, to ensure that even the most disadvantaged children have the opportunity to succeed alongside their more advantaged peers” ~ James Heckman
- “I decided to study special education and fell in love with working with individuals with autism. That’s what I planned to do with my life.” ~ Clay Aiken
- “Love yourself. Then forget it. Then, love the world.” ~ Mary Oliver
- “I went to school for special education. I always assumed when I had the opportunity I would love to try and help kids with disabilities.” ~ Clay Aiken
- “Sometimes I need only to stand wherever I am to be blessed.” ~ Mary Oliver
- “An entrepreneur cannot be trained. A man becomes an entrepreneur by seizing an opportunity and filling the gap. No special education is required for such a display of keen judgment, foresight, and energy.” ~ Ludwig von Mises
- “If my career detour from special education to singing has done one thing, it has afforded me the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.” ~ Clay Aiken
- “A poor child who receives high-quality early childhood development is 40 per cent less likely to need special education, twice as likely to attend college and dramatically more likely to survive childhood.” ~ Shakira
Heart-touching Special Education Quotes
- “Still, what I want in my life is to be willing to be dazzled—to cast aside the weight of facts and maybe even to float a little above this difficult world.” ~ Mary Oliver
- “I’d like to work with kids in special education – younger kids.” ~ John Madden
- “For me, it’s absolutely the same – I treat one and the other in exactly the same way. As persons, that is, not as men and women. But, even here, you have to consider the fact that I’ve had a very special education, that I’m the daughter of a man like my father and a woman like my mother.” ~ Indira Gandhi
- “I pledge to you today that as president, in my first budget, I will introduce the largest increase in special education ever.” ~ Al Gore
- “With demands for special education or standardized test prep being shouted in their ears, public schools can’t always hear a parent when he says: ‘I want my child to be able to write contracts in Spanish,’ or, ‘I want my child to shake hands firmly,’ or, ‘I want my child to study statistics and accounting, not calculus.” ~ Amity Shlaes, Special education quotes for parents.
Special Education Quotes on Christianity
- “Anyone who is honestly trying to be a Christian will soon find his intelligence being sharpened: one of the reasons why it needs no special education to be a Christian is that Christianity is an education itself. That is why an uneducated believer like Bunyan was able to write a book that has astonished the whole world.” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “One of the reasons why it needs no special education to be a Christian is that Christianity is an education itself.” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “My understanding is that Kansas, Massachusetts, they’ve been more pioneers on the special education side.” ~ Margaret Spellings
- “Head Start graduates are more likely to graduate from high school and less likely to need special education, repeat a grade, or commit crimes in adolescence.” ~ Joe Baca
- “Ten times a day something happens to me like this – some strengthening throb of amazement – some good sweet empathic ping and swell. This is the first, the wildest and the wisest thing I know: that the soul exists and is built entirely out of attentiveness.” ~ Mary Oliver
Heart-Breaking Special Education Quotes
- “It is better for the heart to break, than not to break.” ~ Mary Oliver
- “What gunpowder did for war, the printing press has done for the mind; and the statesman is no longer clad in the steel of special education, but every reading man is his judge.” ~ Wendell Phillips
- “English was my fourth language. I arrived, I enrolled in public school, as a child, I believe I was about six years old when we finally landed in Michigan. And I was initially put in special education because I couldn’t quite wrap my mind around the English language because I was listening to Hungarian and Albanian and German. My mind broke down like I couldn’t quite wrap my mind around the fourth language.” ~ Masiela Lusha
Special Education Quotes for You
- “I did get a degree in special education.” ~ Clay Aiken
- “My mother is a special education teacher but also an artist, and my father an advertising executive. They are about as wacky as you can get without being alcoholics.” ~ Sloane Crosley
- “I’m actually working on with Autism Speaks. Since my brother’s 18, I wanted to work on a program for these older kids. A lot of the schools’ special education programs end when the kids are 21, like my brother’s school. What is next for these kids? I want him to be constantly active, and not just sitting at home. I want him to be constantly growing and it would be amazing if the funds could go to something like jobs for these kids, or a home where they can be together.” ~ Jacquelyn Jablonski
The above Special Education Quotes are really inspiring and touching. We believe you have learnt something from it. Please do not hesitate to share.