Current Scholarships for Secondary School: There are many scholarship opportunities for Secondary School students in Nigeria. These scholarships cover school fees, laptops and other miscellaneous expenses.
You should know that a scholarship for secondary school students is a bursary grant awarded to students. The aim is to support their academics. Students get these bursaries from the government, NGO and private organizations in Nigeria.
There are different kinds of scholarship opportunities available to students in secondary school in Nigeria all year round.
This post will focus on indigenous scholarships for Nigerians. In this post, we will highlight the current scholarships for secondary school in Nigeria.
Top Current Scholarships for Secondary School
Below are the top current scholarships for secondary school:
1. Shell Secondary School Scholarship
This is one of the current scholarships for secondary school. The Shell Nigeria Secondary School Scholarship Scheme is for host communities in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Imo and Rivers states.
Every year, an average of 2,600 post-primary scholarships are awarded in the seven states. The Secondary School Scholarship Scheme is to help students pay through school. Also, it helps enhance academic achievement in host communities.
The scheme is also a welcome relief for many parents and guardians in the education of their children. Also, it has become so popular that annually, thousands of parents and children look forward to it as a golden opportunity.
Indeed, it has today become a welcome feature of educational development, especially in the Niger Delta area of Nigeria.
For more information and how to apply, CLICK HERE
2. Midwestern Oil & Gas JV Scholarship
This is one of the current scholarships for secondary school. This scholarship is sponsored by Midwestern Oil and Gas Company Limited. This company is an operator of the Umusadege Field in OML 56, in Delta State.
Also, it is partnered with SunTrust Oil Company Nigeria Limited. Its JV Partner SunTrust Oil Company Nigeria Limited has since commenced production and embarked on various schemes.
The schemes deliver enduring progress to the indigenes of its host communities and Delta State in general. And this is by constantly investing in human capital to ensure economic development.
Requirements for the Scholarship
As you prepare to apply for these current scholarships for secondary school, note. It is:
- Open to JSS I and JSS 2 Students only.
- Also, a scholarship that demands an admission letter to Secondary schools in Nigeria.
- Also, one that demands results in the last year in Primary School or JSS 1 results.
- A scholarship that seeks your Birth Certificate.
- Also, a scholarship that demands an identification letter signed by Ward Counselor or CACC (Community Accredited Contact-men Committee)
For further information and how to apply CLICK HERE
3. NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
This is one of the current scholarships for secondary school. The scheme aims at supporting high-performing basic six pupils. And this is in the company’s host communities and the oil-producing states of Nigeria.
The idea is to help them access post-primary education uninterruptedly. Interestingly, you should know that the scheme kicked off in 2012. And it started with 28 beneficiaries. Currently, it has grown to a total of 172 beneficiaries by 2015.
Prospective pupils are admitted to the scheme. And their admission is based on an excellent performance at the annual National Examinations Council’s (NECO) Common Entrance Examinations.
To learn more about this scholarship and duly apply for it CLICK HERE
4. Oando Foundation Scholarship
This is one of the current scholarships for secondary school. The Oando Scholars Programme annually awards scholarships to the three best-performing final-year students. And this is from each adopted school.
The idea is to ease their transition to secondary school. Also, the award covers tuition. Additionally, it covers fees applicable to other expenses which include:
- Study Materials.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The programme supports children who have excelled in their academics. The aim is to help them to transit to Secondary School whilst building a culture of excellence among children in Oando-adopted schools.
Also, scholars are identified by the Foundation. And this is in partnership with the SUBEB, school heads, representatives of SBMCs, and Local Government Education Authorities.
- Work From Home Jobs In Fort Worth
- Work From Home Pharmacist Jobs
- Top 5 Work From Home Jobs Sacramento
- Work From Home Jobs Detroit
They are selected based on an aggregate of their primary five (5) and primary six (6) results (continuous assessment & exam). Also, this is with their State- level Secondary school placement examinations.
However, awardees must maintain an annual average performance of 70% in all subjects. This is to remain in the scheme. The Foundation has awarded 1,102 scholarships to date.
To learn more about this scheme or apply please CLICK HERE
5. Mike Okonkwo National Essay Competition
This is one of the current scholarships for secondary school. Those eligible for this are Nigerians. It is necessary you know the full details of this award as stated below:
- Type: Essay
- Value of Award: 1st Position gets ₦100,000 + Laptop (this is for the Student), 3 sets of PC (this is for the School). 2nd Position gets ₦75,000 (this is for the Student), and 2 sets of PC (this is for the School). 3rd Position gets ₦50,000 (this is for the Student), and a set of PC (this is for the School).
To qualify for this:
- Applicants must be Nigerians
- Applicants must be Secondary School Students
- An essay of a maximum of 2000 words
- Name of student, class, e-mail, contact phone number and his/her recent passport photograph
- Name of school and detailed address (including Name of Principal and phone number)
- The essay should be clearly typed
Interested and qualified applicants should send their entries to: [email protected]. Or, they should send their entries to The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM), International Headquarters, Obanikoro/ Anthony-Oke Bus Stop, Lagos State.
Note: Essay should be original; avoid plagiarism.
Now that you are aware of the current scholarships for a secondary school in Nigeria, what is keeping you from applying or enrolling on your wards? Nothing really, right? Please before you apply ensure you meet the requirements.
Also, feel free to share this information with your loved ones out there.